FRIENDS OF ACORNS PRIMARY (FOAP)
Everyday at school parents, carers, guardians, school staff and members of the local community help and support Acorns Primary in many different ways. Without this support the school would be a lesser place for our children to flourish in their development and learning.
Friends of Acorns Primary is a mixture of parents that work together for the benefit of our school. Some are full-time parents, some work part time or full time. We depend on a continual cycle of parent involvement.
Here's a list of 10 reasons why helping us will greatly improve your child's experience of school:
1. You are vital to the success of the school
- Schools are becoming more and more dependent on their PTA for funds.
- Without the funds raised by FOAP social events such as our Summer and Christmas Fairs, Discos and Barbecues would not take place, transport for school trips would not be subsidised and lots of fun activities such as film clubs, the story tellers and theatre groups that visit the school would not happen.
2. It's TOTALLY flexible!
- There are a variety of small ways that you can help and be involved - from designing a poster, selling raffle tickets, cleaning up after an event, helping out on a stall . . . to name just a few.
- Giving up just 30 minutes of your time to help FOAP is invaluable. If everyone could spare just 30 minutes a term to help, just think what we could achieve!
- You don't have to attend FOAP meetings, you can email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm if you can help at any events.
3. You'll feel more connected
- There's no better way to know what events are being planned, have your say or make new fundraising suggestions, than by offering your help and support.
- You'll get to know teachers and support staff on a more familiar basis.
4. You'll part of a great network
- Every FOAP event is an opportunity to meet other parents in the same situation as you.
- You will be part of a like-minded network of people who all share a common goal of improving the school for all our children.
5. Make a difference
- By volunteering to help FOAP, you'll be able to use whatever skills you have for a noble cause.
- Our FOAP strives to establish a supportive and encouraging community for the entire school.
6. We're not just for Mums!
- It is important to FOAP, our school and our pupils to have Dads represented on our committee and to help reach out to other Dads.
- Are you a Dad with a skill that would come in useful?
7 Be a role model
- By getting involved with FOAP, you'll show your children that not only are they important to you, but their education is as well.
- Your children will see you playing an active part in making their education more varied.
- Getting involved illustrates good teamwork and community spirit.
8. What the FOAP does affects every parent (and pupil)
- Your voice matters - FAOP is made up of people elected to represent you, so help us to do this effectively.
- Your ideas and involvement can help improve the quality of education for all the children at our school.
- See the smiles on their faces and know that you have played a part in making school a little more fun!
9. It's fun!
- Help plan fun events, socials and get togethers.
- Suggest NEW fun ways to raise funds.
- Get your whole family involved!
10. Finally . . .
- Our children are only at school for a relatively short time, FOAP events such as fetes, discos and outings will be remembered fondly by our children for a lifetime. The equipment and resources FOAP helps fund make learning even more engaging. Please help us continue to create lasting memories for our children.
If you would like further information please do not hesitate to speak to one of us directly.
Sue Surman (Chair and school cook)
Mrs Stone (Nursery/Reception Teacher)
Amy Wixey (School Office Administrator)